KATY, Texas, Apr 01, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced it will be permanently closing it’s doors at Yifan Lu. “The hardest part of my job is laying off employees. That and making games. Shit’s hard, we should start doing that soon.” commented EA CEO John Riccitiello in an earnings call following the announcement of the cuts. “It was tough having to get rid of such an awesome guy, but because of the drops of profits caused weak game sales (which was in correlation to the increase in the IQ of an average video game buyer), we had to make difficult decisions.” Yifan Lu has been responsible for hit titles such as TBA, Coming Spring 2013, and Project Canceled.
So, I have one of these MiFi clone from T-Mobile and want to unlock it to use on AT&T (I know that AT&T 4G/3G isn’t supported, but I thought maybe I could fix that later). The first thing I tried to do was contact T-Mobile, as they are usually very liberal concerning unlock codes. However, this time, T-Mobile (or, as they claim, the manufacture) isn’t so generous. So I’ve decided to take it upon myself to do it. I will write down the entire procedure here as a case study on how to “reverse engineer” a new device. However, in no way do I consider myself an expert, so feel free to bash me in the comments on what I did wrong. Also, I have decided against releasing any binaries or patches because phone unlocking is a grey area (although it is legal here), but if you read along you should be able to repeat what I did, even though I will also try to generalize.
This is the first of (hopefully) many posts on the PS Vita. Before I attempt anything drastic with the device, such as getting unsigned code to run, I hope I can try something easy (well, easier) to get used to the device. Ultimately, I want to make a content manager for the PS Vita for Linux. Unlike the PSP, the Vita does not export the memory card as a USB storage device, but instead relies on their custom application to copy content to and from the device. This post will give just a peek into how the communication between the Vita and the PC works.
It’s a new year, and I’m a bit tired of the old design. There were some main problems with it besides the looks though. The biggest one is I never wrote a backend for my “projects” list, so every time I add a new project, I’m doing it manually by uploading the files via FTP and adding the entry in phpmyadmin. In addition, I’m sure there were tons of PHP bugs and security holes that I had in the old script. The old theme was also badly coded with many HTML errors and many Wordpress incompatibilities.