If you don’t know, Josh is a Java wrapper for native console functions on Windows (like change text color and stuff). I’m almost done recoding the whole thing. Meanwhile, I uploaded the new JavaDoc for Josh up as a sneak peek. /joshdoc/
After a good night’s sleep, I “fixed up” TweetBot. No, the code is still junk, but I made it a bit better. New features:
Ok, so I THOUGHT this was going to be a quick one hour project. I want to update foursquare from Twitter because my cell phone plan ONLY allows access to Twitter and MS Exchange (why, I don’t know). The goal was to write a application that sits in the background and waits for “command” tweets. My original plan was to do it in C++, however, networking & sockets in C++ is too complicated for such a small project, plus no good libraries are available for Twitter in C++. Ok, so I moved to Python. It has great networking tools right? Plus a wonderful Twitter API library. I was halfway through when I found that Foursquare support was crappy. Finally, I went to the language I hate the most. Java. Also, note that I’ve been messing around for hours now. Fuck. So I quickly wrote this in Java, tired and angry. The result is the worst code I ever written. I am the only person who would ever make use of this, so I didn’t care. I’m only releasing it for archival purposes, for some laughs to random strangers, and as an example of what you should NOT do. It’s a great example of “it compiles, ship it”.
Here’s another one of my famous 3-hour-projects. I finally decided to cleanup my email. It’s too hard to “clean”, so I decided to start from scratch by making a new email account. So, I made a Google Apps account. Google Apps is a great product, but one thing missing is registration for users. (You must make an account manually for your user) So, I decided to make one myself. This PHP script acts as a proxy between you and Google Apps. It allows your users to create their own account with you and your Google Apps. It is composed of a backend and a frontend. The backend does the work of taking your admin credentials and form data from a user and creating an account for the user. The frontend hosts the GUI. I made sure to well-comment the code, so it should be easy to create your own frontend to match the style and code of your site. I’m probity won’t work on this project again, but because it’s released under GNU v3 (as all my projects), you can take it and add on to it.
I finally took some time from my busy schedule and made some changes to the site.