PlayStation Mobile (PSM) for those unaware is Sony’s platform for indie game developers. They have decided to start shutting down the service after May 31, 2015. Before then, I think it would be wise for everyone (not just game developers) to sign up for an account (it’s free!), set up the developer assistant on their Vita, and run at least one sample application. If you don’t try this platform out and see what it has to offer, you might regret it.
What you should do before June 2015:
- Sign in to the PSM DevPortal with your PSN account
- Click the button to “Apply for PSM Publisher License” and follow the directions
- After you get your license approved, download SDK 1.21.02 (NOT SDK 2.00.00 or Unity for PSM)
- Follow the directions to get the dev assistant for your Vita
- Once everything is installed, play with a demo! For example, BallMazeDemo is pretty fun. Before the demo will run though, you have to generate an app key. Refer to PSM’s documentations for that.