It’s a new year, and I’m a bit tired of the old design. There were some main problems with it besides the looks though. The biggest one is I never wrote a backend for my “projects” list, so every time I add a new project, I’m doing it manually by uploading the files via FTP and adding the entry in phpmyadmin. In addition, I’m sure there were tons of PHP bugs and security holes that I had in the old script. The old theme was also badly coded with many HTML errors and many WordPress incompatibilities.
On this new version of the site, the first thing I did was integrate my projects list to WordPress. I wrote a custom plugin that allows me to manage and add my projects with ease and manage things like downloads, version/changlog, screenshots, etc. I may release this plugin as open source one day. I also got a new style thanks to CSSHeaven. They provided the free HTML template and I coded it into a WordPress style (and also made it more HTML5 compliant). If you have any complaints or suggestions regarding the new site, feel free to comment.
In addition, I added two new Kindle projects that I’ve been working on.
Remember the two scripts I’ve posted earlier in the week? Well, I finally have the time to formally insert them into the database, so here they are:
Also, I’ve finally had it with Google Adsense. They banned me for no legitimate reason. Google said that my PSN Update Finder (and “maybe other similar pages”) was “in violation of our program policies”. After re-reading their policies, I still don’t know which policy I supposedly broke, and emailing them only got a reply that is the same message. Therefore, I’m now trying out new ad networks, seeing which is the fastest, most non-intrusive, and the most relevant. If you see any intrusive ads or malware ads, please send me an email and I will take care of it. Thanks.
What does it do? You give it a PS3 game’s title id, and it’ll spit out all update packages (retail and debug) for it. Useful for jailbroken PS3s. I’ll do a proper writeup sometime in the future.
Source code: http://pastebin.com/rR5xUZS6
(You need PHP with SimpleXML support)
Here’s another one of my famous 3-hour-projects. I finally decided to cleanup my email. It’s too hard to “clean”, so I decided to start from scratch by making a new email account. So, I made a Google Apps account. Google Apps is a great product, but one thing missing is registration for users. (You must make an account manually for your user) So, I decided to make one myself. This PHP script acts as a proxy between you and Google Apps. It allows your users to create their own account with you and your Google Apps. It is composed of a backend and a frontend. The backend does the work of taking your admin credentials and form data from a user and creating an account for the user. The frontend hosts the GUI. I made sure to well-comment the code, so it should be easy to create your own frontend to match the style and code of your site. I’m probity won’t work on this project again, but because it’s released under GNU v3 (as all my projects), you can take it and add on to it.
Google Apps User Registration Script
Well, it took two days to coding, but I finally did it. I made an web-app for the iPhone. The reason I decided to do this was to familiarize myself with advanced aspects of PHP, such as classes, curl, and different sorts of weird functions. I created the KGD (KISD Gradebook Disassembler) from scratch in PHP. What it does is logs in to http://pic.katyisd.org/ (where you check grades), and gets to the gradebook page. It parshes the HTML and generates an array of infomation. This array can be sent to other pages for easy creation of stuff based on it. Some other features Idid was cacheing, so it would download the HTML every time, for maximum speed. It also requires NO connection to any database, so it’s very portable and expendable. It may also be one of the cleanest code I’ve ever written and the first one at is object-oriented (to train myself before I get to iPhone SDK programming). The first thing I did is iGradebook. It is a cool app with an slick UI that allows you to check your grades on the iPhone. Some other things I’m looking into with the KGD core is maybe writing a desktop alert app or an Facebook plugin. If you would like to try it, check out the projects page. Look forward to the KGD core being released under GNU when I’m done. (Oh yea, this only works for KISD students, as that’s the only place I have access to grades)