It’s a new year, and I’m a bit tired of the old design. There were some main problems with it besides the looks though. The biggest one is I never wrote a backend for my “projects” list, so every time I add a new project, I’m doing it manually by uploading the files via FTP and adding the entry in phpmyadmin. In addition, I’m sure there were tons of PHP bugs and security holes that I had in the old script. The old theme was also badly coded with many HTML errors and many Wordpress incompatibilities.
On this new version of the site, the first thing I did was integrate my projects list to Wordpress. I wrote a custom plugin that allows me to manage and add my projects with ease and manage things like downloads, version/changlog, screenshots, etc. I may release this plugin as open source one day. I also got a new style thanks to CSSHeaven. They provided the free HTML template and I coded it into a WordPress style (and also made it more HTML5 compliant). If you have any complaints or suggestions regarding the new site, feel free to comment.